Carrying Unaccompanied Minor (UM)
Unaccompanied minors are children between 5 up to 11 years (i.e up to, but not including the 12th birthday), traveling on firm tickets and not accompanied by a person of at least 16 years of age. Unaccompanied Minor (UM) may travel unaccompanied with no change of aircraft from origin to destination. They may travel on a flight, which has no chance of diversion nor is expected to terminate short of bypass, the childs destination due to weather conditions. They must be brought to the airport by a responsible adult who must remain with the child until boarded and must furnish the name of the responsible adult meeting the child at the destination airport. They also must hold confirmed reservations from origin to destination.
The company regulation for handling UM:
- The maximum number of unaccompanied minor is 10 percent from seat capacity.
- NAM Air is fully responsible for the child from the time of acceptance until the child is released to the specified adult.
- The Operations Representative completes the Unaccompanied Minor (UM) documents.
- The Operations Representative tags an Unaccompanied Minor tag to child's outer garments
- The Operations Representative boards the child and advises the FLIGHTS ATTENDANT 1 of the child's destination and name of the adult meeting the child
- May not leave the aircraft at a through stop unless accompanied by a ground representative or Flight attendant